Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Power cut

Jimboi
Follower

Orbi Power cut

HI there,

I have the Orbi RBR50 wokring in AP mode with one indoor satellite and one out door satellite. All is working great untill i just had a power cut. 

I turned the power on and the Orbi is now showing a magenta light. Orbi login shows no internet connectin but 90% of my devices are working..

Any ideas on how i can reslove the magenta light. the Orbi AP is hard wired to the mode/router.

Many thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Power cut

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

I would power OFF the RBR/RBSs and ISP Modem/Router for 30 seconds. Then power ON the ISP modem/router and let it sync. Ensure it's wifi radios are fully disabled. Then power ON the RBR. IT should come to ready and top ring LED should turn OFF. If you get this far, power ON the RBSs.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7