Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB 50 Iphone disconnects

Prutten
Aspirant

Orbi RB 50 Iphone disconnects

Hi, 

I have been using my RBK 50 and its Satelite for 1 year and it has worked beautifully, never been so happy with a router before.

I Idecided to move to new house and brought my Orbi with me.

To start from a clean sheet I did a factory reset and started the installation on my iphone with the app.

II got it up and running, downloaded the latest firrrmware V2.3.1.48 Problems with disconnection on two iphones.

Wifi - Not working - Disconnets my iphone after some minutes and says it has no Internet.

Cable - Works

From this point on I have decided to unplug my staelite to get the Router working first.

I did a new factory reset.

Wifi - Not working - Disconnets my iphone after some minutes and says it has no Internet.

Cable - Works

I did a new factory reset.

I have manually channged my settings as per suggegstion here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-iOS-disconnection-issue/m-p/1708479#M52790 thru my pc on via cable.

Cable - Works

Left it offline unplugged from power and from fiber modem.

Came back tried to connect it again.

Cable - Works

I have been so happy with my Orbi, but now everything is such a mess.

- Does it has anything to do with that the router used to be on another ISP modem?

I- have reset my network on my iphone as well and it still does not work.

- I have called my ISP and they dont se any problems between them and my network.

Thanks for all of your support iin advance

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RB 50 Iphone disconnects

Have you forgot the wifi profile on the iphones then reboot them, then re-connect to the SSID and PW? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Also v60 is most current FW...

Message 2 of 11
Prutten
Aspirant

Hi @FURRYe38 

Thanks for your quick support.

- Have you forgot the wifi profile on the iphones then reboot them, then re-connect to the SSID and PW?

I actually did a complete network reset on my Iphone today before seeing this reply and it seems working a little bit better. I have not been disconnected yet. WIll check again tomorrow.

- What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

I will check this when I am back in the house tomorrow.

- What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 

2500 SQFT two floors, but for now I am only testing it in my living room, then I will extend the test to the kitechen and so on...

-What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Don't use the Satellite right now hence I want to narrow down the issue first and get the router up and running first.

-Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Not to many, 5-6 wiifis in range of the house

-What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Will check tomorrow.

- What WPA security modes are you using?

Need to check this tomorrow 

- Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Need to check this tomorrow

- Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Some of these I know I have checked but I need to check them all tomorrow.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Prutten
Aspirant

@FURRYe38, Hi!

Thanks for your quick support, again.

A general question, will the configurations mentioned below have any limitation of the usage of my Orbi e.g.

-Amount devices connected? 

-Kind of devices connected?

-My house will be having many devices connected, hence I am aiming to have a very connected home.

- Have you forgot the wifi profile on the iphones then reboot them, then re-connect to the SSID and PW?

Update: Checked yesterday again and it still works well

- What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Update: Its an Icotera 6400

- What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 

2500 SQFT two floors, but for now I am only testing it in my living room, then I will extend the test to the kitechen and so on...

-What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Update: Willl connect the sat today. Let hope for the best.

-Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Not to many, 5-6 wiifis in range of the house

-What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.Update

Update: WIll check today

Update: Will check today

- Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Update: Will do today

Update: Will do today

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

No.

No. 

Message 6 of 11
Prutten
Aspirant

@FURRYe38, Hi!

Continuing the thread started ages ago Smiley Very Happy

-What channels are you using? Auto?

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

2.4Ghz Set to 1

5Ghz Set to 36

WPA2-PSK [AES]

Done

Daisy Chain, Done

Fast Roaming, Done

IPv6 Done

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

Cant set this setting...its only a checkbox 

Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Still facing glitches

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307. and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Uncheck the check box.

I haven't seen any issues with my iPhone  6sP...

Message 8 of 11
Prutten
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I have problems with my mac pro as well, not only my ios anymore.

I have really big problems on this network of some reasons hence when playing my Sonos my songs disconnects and wifi releases.

Never experienced problems like this before

Message 9 of 11
Prutten
Aspirant

Hi @FURRYe38 

Pls find my settings attached on the Advance tab.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe you may have a wifi router infront of the Orbi system already at your ISP Modem, if so, 

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7