Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RB20 quit after detaching-re attaching them to modem

Tonichi613
Aspirant

Orbi RB20 quit after detaching-re attaching them to modem

Hi. Do you guys have any idea on what's going with my ORBI RBR20 quitting after doing some cable management?! Did try rebooting them but it always seem to quit. The other two sattelites were detected but not the main router attached to the modem. Updating firmware is not options and tried almost all troubleshooting stuff i know to make this going but all were not successful. Any ideas will help and will sure be appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Please describe how your RBR20 is set up.

• What is the Orbi connected to with ethernet cable from the WAN (yellow) port?
    (Brand and model number)
  • Please what "cable management" was done?
  • What does "quitting" mean?  i.e. the WiFi network no longer appears?  devices can connect, but get no internet?
  • Do you have a computer (desktop, laptop) that can be connected to the RBR20 with an ethernet cable?

Message 2 of 4
Tonichi613
Aspirant

First, Thank you for the reaponse.

Please describe how your RBR20 is set up.
- FROM CABLE BOX (COAX) ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF MODEM THEN ETHERNET CABLE TO WAN OF MY ORBI RBR20

What is the Orbi connected to with ethernet cable from the WAN (yellow) port? - YES

(Brand and model number) - NETGEAR CM1150V

Please what "cable management" was done? - JUST ZIP TIENG CABLES TO GET THOSE WIRES TIDY. RE-ATTACHED THEM BACK THE WAY IT WAS WORKING DAY 1 THAT I GOT THE MODEM. DID THEM BEFORE, MOVED LOCATION FROM DOWNSTAIRS TO UPSTAIRS AND HAD NO ISSUES NOT TILL YESTERDAY NIGHT

What does "quitting" mean? - QUITTING MEANS TO ME THAT MY ROUTER STOPPED WORKING AS USUAL

i.e. the WiFi network no longer appears? devices can connect, but get no internet? - WIFI SIGNAL AND NETWORK STILL APPEARS ON MY DEVICES BUT CANNOT CONNECT ON THE INTERNET

Do you have a computer (desktop, laptop) that can be connected to the RBR20 with an ethernet cable? - YES

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible loose or faulty LAN cabling? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements