Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB50 showing offline

Reececm02
Aspirant

Orbi RB50 showing offline

My Orbi is going haywire. Last night it started dropping connected devices. This morning It dropped signal. I thught it was my modem from spectrum so I took it back and got a new one with a separate router (not currently in use). I tested the new modem with the spectrum router and it worked fine. Remove spectrum router and hit orbi’s reset button. Opened app, ran through setup, changed passwords and that’s when it all went bad. The phone kept saying it could not connect to the Orbi. After about 10 tries bam it connected. Then it started saying the RBR50 was offline but the satellites are connected with green dots. The internet has a green dot but the RBR50 has a red dot. While it is showing offline, I can connect to the internet on my iPad through the orbi’s WiFi. . . That makes no sense to me. As soon as I try and reconnect another device it says offline again. 

I read through some other posts and tried to go into AP mode. That shut things down for a LONG time. Ended up doing another reset on the orbi. It says all of my firmware is up to date. I tried it with and without the satellites connected and I am in the same room as the Orbi main unit. Someone please help!! Did an update happen over night or something?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RB50 showing offline

It is SO frustrating when things are going along fine and then suddenly go haywire.

Just to be clear on one point: there has to be a "router".  If the Orbi is connected to a "plain old modem" (with no router, no WiFi), then putting the Orbi in Access Point (AP) mode means that there is NO router, and nothing works.  Sorry you had to experience this.

Just for myself, the "app" is not my favorite Orbi feature.  People seem to complain all the time that the app is telling them something that is obviously impossible.  Like, there is NO internet, but they are connected to the Orbi and using the internet to post on this forum.  DUH!

Do you have some device that can connect to the Orbi web interface using a web browser?  (laptop?  tablet?  desktop?)

Message 2 of 5
Reececm02
Aspirant

Yes. I have the iPad I am writing this on. I am connected to my phone plan right now because when I started searching I was not able to get on to the orbi at all. I am so have a Mac book that does not have an eithernet hole. As of right this moment I am able to get on the internet on it connected to orbi. But like I said when I start adding stuff to it like my nest thermostats and my google home and the other computer I loose internet connection. 

Yesterday I also added a philips hue hub to my system but that is directly connected to the orbi through Ethernet so I cant imagine that makes a difference. I unplugged the hue and the problems continue

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

My first step would be to connect to the Orbi using a web browser on a tablet or laptop.  If it will connect to the Orbi WiFi network, use Safari (or whatever browser you prefer) and go to http://orbilogin.net.  Log in using the router administrative credentials, "admin" for user name and the administrative password.  (Not the WiFi password.)

What does the "Attached Devices" page say about:

• Whether "Access Control" is on or off?
  • Which devices are connected?
    Do any of the devices say "Blocked"?
Message 4 of 5
Reececm02
Aspirant

I was getting very close to thinking my orbi was about to take a dive!!!! Ok we are getting closer. Access control is on with all new devices allowed. I have 4 things on here that are allowed that I do not recognise. One says car something and attached while I was away from home. I think I will block them and see what happens. Either way before that nothing was blocked. Over night I lost internet to my fish tank light, one nest thermostat, both thermostat sensors and my work computer is up and down right now. There are a total of 24 connected devices. Oh and the orbi app keeps saying it is loosing a satilite. Which one drops varies between 1 and 2.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7