Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB50 vRBR50 wont recommect after restartery slow speed

PWRjr
Aspirant

Orbi RB50 vRBR50 wont recommect after restartery slow speed

I have an ORBI RBR50 Router.  Whenever I restart my PC (or even after the PC goes to "sleep" after lack of use for a period of time), it takes a long time - up to 3 minutes - for the PC to "find" the internet.  Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have you found a solution?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RB50 vRBR50 wont recommect after restartery slow speed

What is the mfr and model of this PC?

What is the mfr and model of the network adatper card in this PC? Wired or wireless adapter card?

What FW version is loaded on the router?

Do other devices exhibit the same problem?

Message 2 of 6
PWRjr
Aspirant

HI, Furrye38 - It appears someone else answered your question ... this is PWRjr.  Here is my information:  My PC is a Dell XPS Desktop Tower with Intel Core i7.  Adapter card is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.  My router has the latest firmware V2.1.3.4.  Not having same issue on other connected devices.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If other devices are working and this one particular device isn't, we can presume this maybe this adapter would be something that needs to be reviewed. You might contact the Mfr of the adapter card for more help and information and configuration of it to see if there can be something done to correct this behavior.

Message 4 of 6
PWRjr
Aspirant

OK thx - I'll try that 🙂

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you find out anything. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors