Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK -13 Streams internet fine to TV's - issue accessing internet with Win 11 PC's

DaveElson
Tutor

Orbi RBK -13 Streams internet fine to TV's - issue accessing internet with Win 11 PC's

Hello

I have a Netgear modem/router c6300 which did not produce quite a strong enough signal in our new home.

I saw the Orbi RBK-13 package at a good price on Amazon and went for it, arriving about a week ago.

I set it up correctly (I think) and all went well for a couple of days, when my wife complained that internet was slow (using Chrome on Win 11). If she clicked on a bookmark, nothing happened and then a timeout message appeared. She could however click on a link from her My Yahoo page (example: Youtube) and all went well.

I checked my Win 11 computer, and I had timeout issues too - and my Home MSN page did not populate as normal.

Switching to the wifi of the c6300 cured the issue.

Our TCL TV's use the new Orbi wifi well without any issues.

I reset the Orbi yesterday and that cured it - until today when the issues returned.

Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBK -13 Streams internet fine to TV's - issue accessing internet with Win 11 PC's

If you kept the Netgear modem/router c6300 in front of Orbi, then please set Orbi in AP mode. You can do this from the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> Advanced Setup >> Router/ AP Mode.
Message 2 of 6
DaveElson
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBK -13 Streams internet fine to TV's - issue accessing internet with Win 11 PC's

Thank you for replying. How do I do that? I have downloaded the Orbi App but the box came with zero instructions.

The Orbi App also states the C6300 router is not supported.

I have noticed however that going into Windows Network Diagnostics and letting it do it's work - it fixes the network adapter or access point and everything is fine. It doesn't seem to last long however.

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Please use a browser on any computer attached to Orbi and go to orbilogin.com and enter user name (admin) and the admin password that you selected at setup.
The go to >> ADVANCED >> Advanced Setup >> Router/ AP Mode. And set it to AP Mode.
Message 4 of 6
DaveElson
Tutor

When you say "attached to" do you mean using an ethernet cable? I tried the sites you mentioned - it sends me to Netgear and tells me my router is not supported. When I try to log in using the numbers it times out

Message 5 of 6
DaveElson
Tutor

I managed to log into change to AP. I will check out everything before I close this out.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7