Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 22 2.4ghz speed issues

onedah
Aspirant

Orbi RBK 22 2.4ghz speed issues

I purchased RBK22 last week. The 5ghz channel is super fast, however, I have a few devices that are connecting to the 2.5ghz channel and the speed is really bad. I tried a number of troubleshooting steps but no luck.

2.4ghz speed test results

Ping over 20, upload 2mbps download 1mbps

5ghz speed test results 

Ping rate  8, upload 55mbps download 55mbps

I have a PC that only has a 2.4ghz wifi card so have no choice but to use that channel. I have also tried to set up as AP mode over router mode but no luck. The PC is in the same some as the Orbi main unit.

Anyone else has this issue or ideas? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK 22 2.4ghz speed issues

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What is the Mfr and model of the wireless adapter card in this PC? 

Connection rate will be a factor depending upon adapter card design and support. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What is the Mfr and model of the wireless adapter card in this PC? 

Connection rate will be a factor depending upon adapter card design and support. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.

Message 2 of 4
onedah
Aspirant

I set the 2.4ghz channel to 1 which seems to have worked.

6 and 11 did not let me PC connect to the internet. It appears the rest overlap each other hence the reason for my issue.

Thanks for the solution.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? =Verizon FiOS Actiontec MI424WR
What is the Mfr and model of the wireless adapter card in this PC?  = Panda Wireless PAU06 300mbps

What channels are you using?  = Auto
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?  = visible approx 5
What WPA security modes are you using?  = WPA2-PSK (AES)

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume there maybe a problem with your PC wifi adapter, channels should not effect you connecting to the internet. Channels 1, 6 or 11 are just channels between the router and connected devices. If the other channels are not working with your adapter, I would review the adapter. Try a different adapter. Make sure adapter software or FW is up to date as awell. 

Glad channel 1 works. 

Enjoy, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7