Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 22

TRBN
Tutor

Orbi RBK 22

HI

I got a box of RBK 22  which includes  a router and a settallate .  My question is  does these two having same SSID and password  or different

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Nageja
Initiate

Re: Orbi RBK 22

It's a Mesh system so all APs share the one SAID and Password. The idea is when your out side the rang of one your automatically pushed on to the closest one to you with out interruptions and dropouts.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The "boxed sets" are supposed to be paired at the factory, so all you have to do is plug them in and they connect automatically.

The WiFi name (SSID) and password are on a label on the bottom of the router.

If they do not pair automatically, then the solution is to press the "sync" button on the satellite and then the "sync" button on the router.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5
TRBN
Tutor

Hi   Thank you for your prompt response.   Yes it automatically gets connected   That part is clear

My question is,  do we have use two seaparte wifi SSID and passwords for connected devices to get continous wifi   or  with just one passsword  will the device gets connected either thro   Router or thro Settalate  depending on its nearness

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry.  Yes, the entire point of "mesh" networks, such as Orbi, is to provide a single WiFi network, using the same name for both 2.4G and 5G networks, where devices can choose whichever router or satellite has the best signal.  Users configure once, and the device connects automatically.  Sometimes my phone connects to the router; sometimes to the satellite. Occasionally at 2.4G, but most of the time at 5G.

"seamless"

Message 4 of 5
Nageja
Initiate

It's a Mesh system so all APs share the one SAID and Password. The idea is when your out side the rang of one your automatically pushed on to the closest one to you with out interruptions and dropouts.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7