Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK 43-200 AC2200

Mejiasteven
Aspirant

Orbi RBK 43-200 AC2200

Hello, I bought the Orbi RBK 43 (3 pack) and CM1200 modem and the modem is up and running but the Orbi can’t seem to set up. On the app it says no internet connection and doesn’t got past that. The cables are good, modem is good but Orbi isn’t. How can I solve this? I called Spectrum and they said everything is good on their side.
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF both RBR and CM for 1 minute. Be sure you are connected to the #1 LAN port on the CM modem. Not any of the other ports. Those ports are meant for other ISP services. Or if you have a ling aggregation router which the Orbi doesn't support. Just connect the RBRs yellow LAN port to LAN Port #1 on the CM modem. Power ON the CM modem and let it sync. Be sure your CM modem was associated with the ISP services as well. 

Power ON the RBR router. The top ring LED should blink WHITE, the maybe slow plusate WHITE, then turn BLUE, then it will turn OFF. 

Test with a wired PC connected to the RBR. Get internet here? IF not, try a factory reset with the RBR. PRess the reset button for 15 seconds then let go. Walk thru the setup wizard with the wired PC. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF both RBR and CM for 1 minute. Be sure you are connected to the #1 LAN port on the CM modem. Not any of the other ports. Those ports are meant for other ISP services. Or if you have a ling aggregation router which the Orbi doesn't support. Just connect the RBRs yellow LAN port to LAN Port #1 on the CM modem. Power ON the CM modem and let it sync. Be sure your CM modem was associated with the ISP services as well. 

Power ON the RBR router. The top ring LED should blink WHITE, the maybe slow plusate WHITE, then turn BLUE, then it will turn OFF. 

Test with a wired PC connected to the RBR. Get internet here? IF not, try a factory reset with the RBR. PRess the reset button for 15 seconds then let go. Walk thru the setup wizard with the wired PC. 

Message 2 of 10
Mejiasteven
Aspirant

Thank you! hopefully it doesn’t have any disconnects now.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be good now. 

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
IndyOpie
Aspirant

Furry( or any help 🙂 )...I sure could use your help....I am getting the dreaded pulsing white light on router. I have been running fine for a year after my original install (ORBI router and 2 satelites) my configurations is basic and took all of 20 minutes. I just unplugged router from power and internet(fiber modem) to move wires and now cannot get away from (sounds like looping booting - blink white light) I can direct connect to modem but can't direct connect to RBR for access. I have read about this being a firmware issue but since I can't even get to RBR unsure how that helps? obviously I am days past year warranty and not real advanced in this part of digital world and am looking for easier step by step answers. I have done all the factory resets the recycle modem and RBR to no avail...hate to have to junk this as brick when just hours ago it worked so well. THANKS in advance!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So with a wired PC connected to the RBR and the RBR disconnected from EVERYTHING else. Can you access the RBRs web page at all? 

What FW version do you have loaded on it if you have this info? 

If you can't get to the UI, try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

When it says to download the NG TFTP program, try Windows 7/10 built in TFTP program first...Have the FW file for the RBR already downloaded to the wired PC first.

@IndyOpie wrote:

Furry( or any help 🙂 )...I sure could use your help....I am getting the dreaded pulsing white light on router. I have been running fine for a year after my original install (ORBI router and 2 satelites) my configurations is basic and took all of 20 minutes. I just unplugged router from power and internet(fiber modem) to move wires and now cannot get away from (sounds like looping booting - blink white light) I can direct connect to modem but can't direct connect to RBR for access. I have read about this being a firmware issue but since I can't even get to RBR unsure how that helps? obviously I am days past year warranty and not real advanced in this part of digital world and am looking for easier step by step answers. I have done all the factory resets the recycle modem and RBR to no avail...hate to have to junk this as brick when just hours ago it worked so well. THANKS in advance!

Message 6 of 10
IndyOpie
Aspirant

So next phase I started getting tftp but got somehow to connect to router...I had reset whole thing and was able to upgrade firmware v2.3.5.40...reconnected all house...then was to hide power cord which meant unplugging..bad idea..now is looping again ..get intermittent access to router directly but have no clue how to break cycle as I have highest firmware...grr
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What all is connected to the RBR? 

Sounds like you may have a device or devices that may have a IP address conflict. I would turn OFF ALL devices, Power OFF the RBR for 30 seconds, Then power back on with 1 wired PC connected to the RBR. Check internet access after the RBR is ready. I would go in to the RBRs web page and setup a IP address reservation for the PC. Disable Daisy Chain on the RBR. Power On next device. Connect and check internet access. I would go in to the RBRs web page and setup a IP address reservation for the device. Save and apply. Power on the next device and continue to check access and set a IP address reservation. Do this for all of your devices. 

@IndyOpie wrote:
So next phase I started getting tftp but got somehow to connect to router...I had reset whole thing and was able to upgrade firmware v2.3.5.40...reconnected all house...then was to hide power cord which meant unplugging..bad idea..now is looping again ..get intermittent access to router directly but have no clue how to break cycle as I have highest firmware...grr

Message 8 of 10
IndyOpie
Aspirant

Nothing is connected...I reset to factory settings..and it will not stay connected to internet to try run setup...when I am direct wired and try to catch 30 seconds of connection..the 192.168.1.1 displays /app_index not router setup ..bout ready to throw away brick....very frustrating
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the MFr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the RBR is connected too? 

Have you powered OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on then factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC? 

I presume if this also fails to keep the RBR online, the router maybe faulty and needs to be RMAd. I recommend you contact NG support and ask about an RMA:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@IndyOpie wrote:
Nothing is connected...I reset to factory settings..and it will not stay connected to internet to try run setup...when I am direct wired and try to catch 30 seconds of connection..the 192.168.1.1 displays /app_index not router setup ..bout ready to throw away brick....very frustrating

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7