Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK 50 AC3000

angusmadmac
Aspirant

Orbi RBK 50 AC3000

Bought yesterday set up easy . everything working

not working today 

i have reset plusnet hub one fttc

the orbi is plugged into port 1

i get a 10.0.0. ip 

ping 8.8.8.8

but will not allow me out to internet on laptop or ps4 or xbox 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Looks to me that the plusnet hub is a router providing DHCP functionality, right?. Is Orbi set in AP mode?
Message 2 of 5
angusmadmac
Aspirant

Sorry bit of a noob , i had plugged in rbk50 into plusnet hub one (yellow port on rbk50). and with the android app i got it working and then switched on satillite and got that blue . everything was working after intial switch on . checked firmware up to date . switched off plus net hub wifi. came home yesterday and i was able to connect to ssid , ping google dns ok but cannot access internet . reset everything (off and on)had to set up orbi again switched on wfi on hub . I needed this to extend wifi coverage in my house and also getps4 and xbox one (not at the same time)connected to internet. i had a fall back of the develo powerline adapter so son was happy . 

Message 3 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@angusmadmac wrote:

not working today 

i get a 10.0.0. ip 

ping 8.8.8.8

On which device do you see this address 10.0.0. IP?

Do you have access to orbilogin.com? If yes, which IP range do you have assigned for DHCP, you can check it as follows:

Namnlöst2.png

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@angusmadmac wrote:

not working today 

i get a 10.0.0. ip 

ping 8.8.8.8

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies