Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK Satellite Static IP

cyoung01
Aspirant

Orbi RBK Satellite Static IP

Hi all, looking for some guidance with my RBK Orbi system. I have a series of Amcrest IP Cameras around the house and have trouble with connection. I finally was able to set the cameras default gateway to connect to the closest satliete rather than what the software deemed by signal strength. After setting my cameras to either the nearest satelite or in some cases just my router I was having a strong connection. However, after a few days, I had to reboot my system, the IP Adress of the Satlietes changed. Is it possible to set a satellite to a static IP?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi RBK Satellite Static IP

Go into your camera setup and choose an IP address for each camera with in your DHCP server's range.

Then you can go to tje WEB portal orbilogin.com  > Advanced tab > Setup > LAN Setup > Address Reservation and add those IP addresses for the cameras  or any other devices you want to have static IP. You will need the MAC address and IP address for each camera in order to complete this.

Message 2 of 4
cyoung01
Aspirant

Hi there, thank you for the reply. The IP  on the camera settings are already configured as static, which feed to a NVR. That NVR has been port forwarded. Do I need to do the steps you listed for the satelite to make it static? Trying to make the default gateway from camera connect to a specific satellite without the satellite changing IP Adresses from a reboot. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@cyoung01 wrote:

Do I need to do the steps you listed for the satelite to make it static?

Exactly.  Only the Orbi router has an option to define a "Static IP" on the router itself.

Orbi satellites always request an IP using DHCP, so entering their MAC addresses into the LAN Setup table will guarantee that the router always gives them the same IP address.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7