Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK12 is $99 at WalMart - a good deal? Can I add an additional satellite?

BillyCovington
Aspirant

Orbi RBK12 is $99 at WalMart - a good deal? Can I add an additional satellite?

Here's the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Orbi-Mesh-WiFi-System-2-pack-Up-to-3-000-sq-ft-1-2Gbps-Dual-band-WiFi-RBK...

I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not.

I don't currently have a mesh system, but C-net linked me to WalMart in their article, and I'm like, hey, that's a pretty good deal, I think. But I have three areas that I want to have good coverage, not just two.

Can I add an additional satellite to this system?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK12 is $99 at WalMart - a good deal? Can I add an additional satellite?

Only one model of Orbi satellite will function with the RBK12 series.. the RBS10 (one of which is included in the package).  These retail at Amazon at about $80 and appear to be in stock.  NONE of the other Orbi satellites will integrate with the "10" series product.

Message 2 of 3
BillyCovington
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK12 is $99 at WalMart - a good deal? Can I add an additional satellite?

Thank you! Sounds like I might be better off getting a different system then, if I want three or more stations around my property.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7