Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK13 quit working after just less than a year

Mom2Halo
Follower

Orbi RBK13 quit working after just less than a year

We have had the Orbi RBK13 mesh router for 11 months. Just last week they just quit working. I've tried just about everything. Last thing I tried was resetting them to factory by sticking a paperclip into the reset hole of the main modem. Now I am to the main set up. I follow the directions exactly as stated on my phone. It keeps telling me ethernet cables not detected. I did absolutely nothing different. It has all the same cables attached that it has had over the past 11 months and just decided to quit working. Has this happened to anyone? I can't do a firmware update since I reset it back to factory it doesn't even register that I have an account since I can't set it up.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

You said it says "no ethernet connected"? Is that from the modem? or a device connected to it?

What firmware version are you on? 

Have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into the RBR10 for setup? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Mom2Halo wrote:

We have had the Orbi RBK13 mesh router for 11 months. Just last week they just quit working. I've tried just about everything. Last thing I tried was resetting them to factory by sticking a paperclip into the reset hole of the main modem. Now I am to the main set up. I follow the directions exactly as stated on my phone. It keeps telling me ethernet cables not detected. I did absolutely nothing different. It has all the same cables attached that it has had over the past 11 months and just decided to quit working. Has this happened to anyone? I can't do a firmware update since I reset it back to factory it doesn't even register that I have an account since I can't set it up.

Thank you in advance for your help.

"main modem". Is that a typo for Orbi RBR10 router?

Orbi comes with a 1 year warranty.  My first step would be to contact a forum moderator with the information about this purchase and inquire how to get a Return Material Authorization (RMA) for the defective product.  At the very least, you want the problem reported before the year warranty expires.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7