Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK22 - Circle by Disney is not working - Firmware out of date message

Birdman01
Aspirant

Orbi RBK22 - Circle by Disney is not working - Firmware out of date message

I just purchased the Orbi RBK22 for my home with the purpose of setting up Circle by Disney for my kids.  Unfortunately, the Circle by Disney feature does not work.  I setup the hardware and downloaded the Orbi, Genie, and Circle apps.  When I launch the Circle app it detects that my Orbi is capable of running Circle on it.  When I go through the steps to enable Circle, it finds that my router is not running the latest version and asks if it is ok to update it.  (Ironically, I looked at the website and it is already running the latest version available at V2.0.0.64 for both RBR20 and RBS20.)  The Circle app tries to update then comes back with a "Something went wrong - Firmware does not support Circle. Please try upgrading again." message.  I have tried updating a few times from the app and still no luck with the same message.  Please help!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
nicholb
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBK22 - Circle by Disney is not working - Firmware out of date message

Netgear pulled the 2.1 firmware that supports Circle due to problems. The current 2.0 firmware does not support it. You have two choices. You can wait until they resolve the issues and either re-release 2.1 or release 2.2, or you can still manually load 2.1. Many of us are having no issues with 2.1 so if you feel adventurous you can give it a try. You can always go back to 2.0 if you have problems. 

Message 2 of 4
Birdman01
Aspirant

Thanks for the information!  Where would I find the other firmware update to try?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You have the most current version for your model.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-issues-update-3-9-18/td-p/1522633/jump-to/first-un...

You can contact NG support and see if they have a Beta version available to try...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7