Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK23 404 Error

ajeffbecker
Aspirant

Orbi RBK23 404 Error

I switched from using the Comcast modem with voice and wifi to a Motorola MB7621, just a modem, with the Orbi RBK23 for wifi.  The orbi app indicates internet offline, but I do get internet connection for some websites, but not for others with a 404 error or website not found, etc. The network map shows the router pink with satellites green.  Connecting a computer directly to the modem, all websites are conneting.  When I was using the Comcast modem and the Orbi, it all worked great.  Spent a good amount of time with a very helpful Motorola agent troubleshooting and concluded it's the Orbi.  No way to get any help from Netgear, very sad. May not purchase from them again if this not solved and will tell Consumer Reports which highly recommended Orbi about abject lack of support.

Message 1 of 8
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi RBK23 404 Error

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on with the modem and RBR been performed since last update?

@ajeffbecker wrote:

I switched from using the Comcast modem with voice and wifi to a Motorola MB7621, just a modem, with the Orbi RBK23 for wifi.  The orbi app indicates internet offline, but I do get internet connection for some websites, but not for others with a 404 error or website not found, etc. The network map shows the router pink with satellites green.  Connecting a computer directly to the modem, all websites are conneting.  When I was using the Comcast modem and the Orbi, it all worked great.  Spent a good amount of time with a very helpful Motorola agent troubleshooting and concluded it's the Orbi.  No way to get any help from Netgear, very sad. May not purchase from them again if this not solved and will tell Consumer Reports which highly recommended Orbi about abject lack of support.

Message 3 of 8
vajim
Master

Message 4 of 8
ajeffbecker
Aspirant

I spent hours on this.  I did figure out how to get to the web interface and put it into AP mode.  Then round and round to set it up again.  Still didn't work.  I finally reset the router and went through all the setup all over again, also resetting wifi connections.  At first I still coukdn't get to websites.  Then all of a sudden everything worked!  You tell me why.  Probably will not buy from Netgear again knowing they have no phone support.

Message 5 of 8
vajim
Master

@ajeffbecker wrote:

Probably will not buy from Netgear again knowing they have no phone support.

I think they do for the first 90 days...??

Message 6 of 8
ajeffbecker
Aspirant

I got my new modem a year later.  Try to find a phone number to call.  I guess you have to pay.  

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using Dynamic or Static Addressing assignment for AP mode on the RBR? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@ajeffbecker wrote:

I spent hours on this.  I did figure out how to get to the web interface and put it into AP mode.  Then round and round to set it up again.  Still didn't work.  I finally reset the router and went through all the setup all over again, also resetting wifi connections.  At first I still coukdn't get to websites.  Then all of a sudden everything worked!  You tell me why.  Probably will not buy from Netgear again knowing they have no phone support.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7