Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK23 AC2200- Need a solution for added ethernet ports at modem

rider311
Aspirant

Orbi RBK23 AC2200- Need a solution for added ethernet ports at modem

I have the RBK23 router with 2 satellites.  My issue is that I need additional ethernet ports at the router.  This model only has one ethernet port.  Is there a device I could add to increase the quantity of ethernet ports between the modem and the router?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi RBK23 AC2200- Need a solution for added ethernet ports at modem

@rider311 wrote:

I have the RBK23 router with 2 satellites.  My issue is that I need additional ethernet ports at the router.  This model only has one ethernet port.  Is there a device I could add to increase the quantity of ethernet ports between the modem and the router?

Thanks

I would add a Netgear ProSafe Gigabit switch, plug it into the Lan port of the router and you can connect Orbi satellites as well as other devices. The switch comes in various sizes and they are very cost effective.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@rider311 wrote:

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
rider311
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, it works great.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy, Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Glad it worked out.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors