Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK30 - Replacement RBW30 - Not Connecting

googlewave123
Aspirant

Orbi RBK30 - Replacement RBW30 - Not Connecting

Frustrated customer here, writing this as I've already spent a total of 6+ hrs on the phone with Netgear support.

I have the RBK30 which is a combo Orbi router and wall plug satellite.

The wall plug satellite stopped connecting after a month into usage.

They sent me a replacement unit.

Now the replacement unit doesn't connect.  I've tried resetting the router, turning off daisy chaining, and getting a new backhaul password.

The sync never works and always goes magenta after attempting to connect.

When do you think I can sue?

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 6
Ulairi
Luminary

I'm also struggling with a RBW30.  It connects to the RBR50 router okay, but only via 2.4GHz backhaul, and it causes diconnects on one of four iPhones in the house when roaming into it's broadcast zone. Full background in these threads : link 1 link 2

I had all sorts of problems with it initially and then with the replacement via RMA.  The original and the replacement seemed to settle down and behave better after a factory reset and being switched on and off a few times.  The factory resets were part of resetting all my Orbi devices (for a separate speed throttling issue), and the power cycling was because it was causing disconnects and my son had to keep switching it off. 

I'd try a Factory Reset (just the RBW30, but maybe the whole system if you haven't configured it too much) and see what happens. 

Please let us know what happpens - I'm desperate to work out what's going on with my RBW30. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version are you using?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
googlewave123
Aspirant

Using the latest firmware 2.1.4.16 on the router
Message 4 of 6
googlewave123
Aspirant

I tried a factory reset and didn’t work. The satellite goes to magenta after I push the sync button on both devices.

Netgear is going to send me a replacement router. Who knows if that will work...

Overall time spent is now 7+ hrs, kind of ridiculous...
Message 5 of 6
googlewave123
Aspirant

Had to pay for advance shipping for my replacement router (this is the 2nd time I've had to get a replacement for this issue)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7