Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK30 additional satellite advice needed?

Shery999
Aspirant

Orbi RBK30 additional satellite advice needed?

Hello everyone, so I have been looking for a mesh system for my home which is a bit larger than normal houses in UK. Its a three story old victorian style terraced house and the virgin superhub 3 just doesn't cut it when it comes to wifi. All these Orbi systems are a bit out of my price range at the moment but I found a package of Orbi RBK30 (SKU: RBK30-100UKS) with a wall plug satellite for around £70 on CCL Computers.

My question is if this system doesn't cover the whole house, will I be able to buy another orbi RBS40 AC2200 satellite (not the wall plug one) and connect it to the router of RBK30? Will they connect to each other?

2 normal router/satellite system cost £170 and 3 cost £450 here so that's why I was wondering if RBK30 (£70) doesn't solve my wifi issues I can just buy another RBS40 satellite for £130. So that way I will have 1 router 1 normal satellite and  1 wall plug satellite costing only £200 which is better than 1 router and 1 normal satelllite for £170. So what do you recommend?

Also on the sidenote, i saw a Linksys wrt1900ac router for £70 somwhere, will that router be better for me than Orbi system?

Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBK30 additional satellite advice needed?

@Shery999 wrote:

....... will I be able to buy another orbi RBS40 AC2200 satellite (not the wall plug one) and connect it to the router of RBK30? Will they connect to each other?

Yes, you can buy RBS40 or RBS20 and add it as another Satellite in your network.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7