Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK30

GregDoubleU
Follower

Orbi RBK30

I am trying to sync the satellite that comes with this router. When I plug in the satellite it blinks white. I have tried syncing by selecting the sync button on the router and on the satellite, to no avail. I have tried multiple times and keep getting the same result. I have also tried resetting the satellite which makes the unit blink Orange and then go back to blinking white. The router and satellite are close to each other so that would not be the issue. After the sync is unsuccessful the satellite turns to blue before the light turns off completely. Anyone have a similar issue or know what to do?

Thanks in advance.
Greg
Message 1 of 2
Ulairi
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBK30

Does the router assign an IP addfress to the Satellite (check on the connected devices page for the router).  If so, try logging directly into that satellite (enter the IP address in the adress bar of your browser) and try manually updating the satellite firmware for the satellite's own admin pages. First, you'll need to download the latest firmware from Netgear to your PC to do the manual update. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7