Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK33 router ports

daddyatm
Aspirant

Orbi RBK33 router ports

I'm confused with the information on the website since it seems to show pictures of Orbi routers that aren't in line with the specs on the number of ports.  I am looking for an Orbi router with at least 3 Ethernet ports and would like to have the plug-in satellites.  Is there a package with this router-satellite combo?  I thought it would be the RBK33 but this router only has one uplink port and one downlink port.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can always check the specs of each Orbi system on NG support site. The specs are there. 

Glad the new system fits your needs. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

@daddyatm wrote:

I received my order of the RBK33 package and guess what?  4 ports in the back of the base unit!  The website should probably be specific as to what base stations have what ports including the pictures that seem to shift from different units.  Very happy that this package came with the number of ports I needed, and returned the Netgear non-managed switch that I won't need.  Thanks everyone for your assistance on this forum.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBK50 and 40 series have 4 ports in back of the main router. I believe the 30 and 20 series are more limited with ports. 

If you really want the 30 series and if you need more ports, you can alway add a external network LAN switch behind the Orbi router and connect more devices to give you more port flexability. I have a 24 port behind mine alone with other switches around the home. 

Non mangaged, non smart and non green ethernet switches are recommended to use with Orbi. 

Message 2 of 7
daddyatm
Aspirant

Thanks, I guess I'll have to buy a non-managed switch in addition to the Orbi with the wall outlet plug in satellites but was hoping this would make it back to the engineers to design a common base station with 4 ports.  Thank you for responding to my post and the details on your setup.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well for the size of this model, I presume engineers were limted by the internal space available. The larger 50 series has four ports. Even then thats still not enough for some. However it's inexpensive to buy external Gb switches now days from places like Amazon. 

You'll find something good that works for your needs. 

@daddyatm wrote:

Thanks, I guess I'll have to buy a non-managed switch in addition to the Orbi with the wall outlet plug in satellites but was hoping this would make it back to the engineers to design a common base station with 4 ports.  Thank you for responding to my post and the details on your setup.

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@daddyatm wrote:

............. but was hoping this would make it back to the engineers to design a common base station with 4 ports.  Thank you for responding to my post and the details on your setup.

Please note that you can also buy the RBR50 (Router with 4 LAN ports) separately or the RBK50 package (Router + Satellite (with 5 LAN ports)) and then add to it the Plug-in Satellite RB30W separately.

Message 5 of 7
daddyatm
Aspirant

I received my order of the RBK33 package and guess what?  4 ports in the back of the base unit!  The website should probably be specific as to what base stations have what ports including the pictures that seem to shift from different units.  Very happy that this package came with the number of ports I needed, and returned the Netgear non-managed switch that I won't need.  Thanks everyone for your assistance on this forum.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You can always check the specs of each Orbi system on NG support site. The specs are there. 

Glad the new system fits your needs. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

@daddyatm wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7