Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK40 - Satellite not connected

Maggiesnyuen
Aspirant

Orbi RBK40 - Satellite not connected

I get a RBK40 yesterday and follow Orbi apps for setup. However, the router and satellite basically cannot be connected. My FW is most updated version, i try plug n unplug power, factory reset. All is not helping.

When i turn off and on the power of satellite, then push Syns button on satellite. The led of satellite turn blue and seems satellite do connected with router. But it only connected for less 30 seconds !!!! And the led turn red or off

The worst is , when satellite connected to router, all devices (phone and PC) near satellite disconnect with the wifi networks immediately!!!!!!!!

Device connected to wifi network when satellite off but NOT WHEN SATELLITE ON/CONNECTED?? The distance of my router and satellite is less than 5 meters

Can somebody here can help ? Thanks
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK40 - Satellite not connected

@Maggiesnyuen wrote:
When i turn off and on the power of satellite, then push Syns button on satellite. The led of satellite turn blue and seems satellite do connected with router. But it only connected for less 30 seconds !!!! And the led turn red or off

According to this video, the procedure is to first press the "sync" button on the router, and then within two minutes press the sync button on the satellite: https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Message 2 of 8
Maggiesnyuen
Aspirant

Try already but not work
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 8

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet is recommended in between base router and satellite to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Has the RBS ever connected to the RBR? Make sure the RBR and RBS are at same FW version. 

What Firmware is currently loaded?

@Maggiesnyuen wrote:
I get a RBK40 yesterday and follow Orbi apps for setup. However, the router and satellite basically cannot be connected. My FW is most updated version, i try plug n unplug power, factory reset. All is not helping.

The worst is , when satellite connected to router, all devices (phone and PC) near satellite disconnect with the wifi networks immediately!!!!!!!!

Device connected to wifi network when satellite off but NOT WHEN SATELLITE ON/CONNECTED?? The distance of my router and satellite is less than 5 meters

Can somebody here can help ? Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Maggiesnyuen
Aspirant

Not sure
Message 6 of 8
Maggiesnyuen
Aspirant

RBK n RBKS now connected if put closely (just next to), but when i move to just 3m and turn on power of satellite. They disconnect again.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you move the satellite to 30 feet and power on? You need to wait about 4-5 minutes for the satellite to fully connect. 

You might reset the satellite and setup the RBR and RBS from scratch and see. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7