Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK40 cuts my downstream speeds in half

madballneek
Initiate

Orbi RBK40 cuts my downstream speeds in half

As the title says, the Orbi RBK40 is cutting my downstream speeds in half (speeds checked by speedtest.net, Bing and Google speed tests and actual download speeds in various applications such as Steam & Battle.net) When I directly connect my PC to my cable modem, I get over 200Mbps. When connected to the Orbi RBK40, I get 100Mbps. I tried doing a factory settings reset, different ports on the router and disabling all QoS features, but the problem still persists. 

I am on firmware V2.2.1.210, which is the latest per the Firmware update check tool. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Throughput capped at 100 Mbps often indicates a bad cable or failed autonegotiaton between Ethernet ports.

Try a different cable between the Orbi and the cable modem.

Try a different port on the cable modem (if it has more than one port.)  

Log into Orbi's Web interface and check the port speed on the WAN port.  It's under Advanced, LAN Port, Show Statistics.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Throughput capped at 100 Mbps often indicates a bad cable or failed autonegotiaton between Ethernet ports.

Try a different cable between the Orbi and the cable modem.

Try a different port on the cable modem (if it has more than one port.)  

Log into Orbi's Web interface and check the port speed on the WAN port.  It's under Advanced, LAN Port, Show Statistics.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

@madballneek wrote:

As the title says, the Orbi RBK40 is cutting my downstream speeds in half (speeds checked by speedtest.net, Bing and Google speed tests and actual download speeds in various applications such as Steam & Battle.net) When I directly connect my PC to my cable modem, I get over 200Mbps. When connected to the Orbi RBK40, I get 100Mbps. I tried doing a factory settings reset, different ports on the router and disabling all QoS features, but the problem still persists. 

I am on firmware V2.2.1.210, which is the latest per the Firmware update check tool. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
madballneek
Initiate

Looks like it was the cable between the modem and the router that was causing issues. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7