Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK40 - rebooted serveral time after firmware upgraded to V2.1.2.18

chlst54
Aspirant

Orbi RBK40 - rebooted serveral time after firmware upgraded to V2.1.2.18

Had the RBK40 for about two week and experiencing random reboots on the RBR40 since it was auto upgraded to V2.1.2.18.  The RBS40 unit seems to be pretty stable which has been up for about 1 week.  I have iPhones, smart things hub, hue hub, roku, cromecast, google home, macbooks, and widows pc, xbox, harmony hub,  wireless printer devices on conncted to the Orbi. 

Anyone else with RBK40 experiencing the same issue on V2.1.2.18?

Is this a known issue Netgear is looking at?

Aside from the random reboots, the coverage and performance has been great but I will be returning due to the unstable firmware.

PS: Forcing auto fireware upgrade on people's orbi is crazy.  You should have an option to opt out of the auto upgrade in the future firmware release.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBK40 - rebooted serveral time after firmware upgraded to V2.1.2.18

Did the satellite upgrade to 2.1.2.18 when the update happened? if the satellite and router are on different firmware it can cause bad behavior to happen.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
chlst54
Aspirant

Yes, both router and satellite were upgraded to V2.1.2.18.  I manually rebooted both of them. So far both have been up for 24hrs but we'll see how long that last.  Any other tips or tricks?

Message 3 of 4
chlst54
Aspirant

Since I manually power cyled both devices after the firmware upgrade. Its been up for over a week without reboots.  I'm now leaning towards keeping the RBK40.  Still got a week to make my decision. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7