Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK40 trying to pair with LG Smart TV

Rascal22
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBK40 trying to pair with LG Smart TV

I have - and got crickets back. That was awhile back - but, who knows, I never would have expected this thread to come alive again - so I will try again and share if I learn anything.

I do appreciate your consideration of this matter, thanks

Message 26 of 28
LRSS
Tutor

Same - I had reached out to LG.  They did get back to me, and told me to reset the TV to factory settings.  I did, and of course, it still happened.  Frustrating - I'm sure it's just some simple thing to turn on or off, etc.  Thanks again, everyone.

Message 27 of 28
Rascal22
Tutor

I'm done with this topic - I ended up buying a roku streaming device and then was able to drop the LG smart TV connection to the Orbi. And, as others have reported, I haven't seen the pop up since.

But for those that also have/had the problem - in my thread on the LG side, someone shared that they also have the same problem and that it started when they installed Netgear Armor. I also use Armor - so maybe that idea has some merit. I never tested turning Armor off, though - I had run out of patience. But perhaps the idea might help others.

And to those that feel so strongly that the answer has to come from LG - perhaps so, but I just don't  see the knowledgeable community participants over there that I see here.

Thanks to all - and I also love my ORBI.

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7