Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK44 - Modem Compatibility

Zendejasluiz
Aspirant

Orbi RBK44 - Modem Compatibility

I'm about to buy the Orbi AC2200  WiFi System (RBK44), what is the best modem for this system? I have a Motorola modem that is 5 years old, I might as well just replace the modem too. Thanks!

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
nicholb
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBK44 - Modem Compatibility

Are you DSL or Cable?

For Cable, I'm using the Netgear CM1000. I've had no problems with the Orbi connecting to it. Depending on your bandwidth it may be a bit of overkill. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
nicholb
Luminary

Are you DSL or Cable?

For Cable, I'm using the Netgear CM1000. I've had no problems with the Orbi connecting to it. Depending on your bandwidth it may be a bit of overkill. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Been using a Motorola MB7420. I also have an Arris 6183 as well. 

Need more details on your ISP service though. If cable, most cable modems work fine. Avoid Intel chip set based cable modems:

http://www.badmodems.com

The Motorola and Arris modems I have are Broadcom based chip set modems. Good Stuff. 

Message 3 of 6
Zendejasluiz
Aspirant

Thanks for your response NIcholb, I will be using cable, so I researched more about the CM1000 and its compatibility with Orbi and it looks like everyone loves it, thanks for the suggestion, I believe I'll go with this one. Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Zendejasluiz
Aspirant

Thanks for your response FURRYe38, very detailed, but I think I'll just get the CM1000 recommended by Nicholb since both are made by Netgear and everyone seems to be happy with the combo according to multiple reviews in other websites. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The Cm1000 willl be a good modem as well. It's broacom based. Not intel. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7