Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 Ac3000 repeater connection/repeating via ethernet instead of wifi

Orbi1
Follower

Orbi RBK50 Ac3000 repeater connection/repeating via ethernet instead of wifi

I am looking to buy a router and repeater that can be used to send a signal through the house using CAT6 Ethernet, while also adding a repeater for the second floor for Wi-Fi devices, which is separated from the ground floor by a concrete slab. My concern is that if the Orbi can only repeat a signal using Wi-Fi, the concrete may inhibit the signal from reaching the repeater as the walls are also brick (The house is 3300 sq ft in total). Can anyone please advise if the Orbi rbk50 ac3000 can repeat a signal from an Ethernet port instead of via Wi-Fi and whether this particular router/repeater combi is the best option for my situation.? I know that there was already a discussion on this in 2016, but as some time has past i was hoping that things may have changed since. Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 Ac3000 repeater connection/repeating via ethernet instead of wifi

Orbi systems can use a ethernet connection between the Orbi router and Orbi Satellite for wired back haul connection. Thus the satellite becomes a wired AP for remote locations for wireless AP access and transferring traffic on the ethernet back haul connection. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7