Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50: Any way to enable IGMP Snooping?

Brashquido
Follower

Orbi RBK50: Any way to enable IGMP Snooping?

Hi All,

Have recently gotten the Orbi as it solved both a wirless issue as well as having enough ethernet ports near my Home Theatre PC. Issue I have is Multicast traffic which is absolutely smashing my Orbi's and ultimately anything connected to them comes to a grinding halt eventually.

I need to get IGMP Snooping enabled to get this traffic under control. I am using the Orbi in AP mode as they are sitting behind a PFSense firewall. Are the Orbi's capable of IGMP Snooping? If not, is this possible to get implented? If not I'll likely have to return my Orbi and get a single advanced wireless router that does support IGMP snooping (or VLANs) and hope the coverage will be good enough.

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50: Any way to enable IGMP Snooping?

Any managed network switches in the mix? Other have reported that managed switches with IGMP protocols enabled have problems with Orbi systems, so I presume IGMP is not a good thing for the Orbi.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1553749/highlight/true#M30673

Users are encouraged to use NON Managed switches. I have several switches and don't see issues with any of my mutlti-cast media. Dish Hopper and 3 wired Joeys, 2 xbox consoles and Boxee Box.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7