Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 Data Transfer Speed Problem

Santhora
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 Data Transfer Speed Problem

Hello, I have one Orbi router (RBR50) and one Orbi satellite (RBS50) installation in my house. I've been having data transfer speed problem since the day I bought the product. All devices connected by 5Ghz shows speed of 866mbps. but file copy speeds are in the 20 - 30 mb/s. I was using google wifi before and I was getting at least 80-90 mb/s speeds with it. All devices are close together and stably connected. Please help for this problem:(

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 Data Transfer Speed Problem

What are file xfer speeds with a wired connection? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 7

@Santhora wrote:

All devices connected by 5Ghz shows speed of 866mbps.

Unlikely. That is way faster than many, perhaps even most, wifi clients can handle.

Which makes me wonder about how you are measuring things.

Message 3 of 7
Santhora
Aspirant

- Wired connection works fine with full speed (110mb/s). Also i tried to connect my devices to Orbi satellite by wired and it works fine too. - My house is 1100 sq ft. But it doesn't matter. Because all devices were tested on the same table with the router. - All devices connected with 5GHz at maximum speed (866Mbps) - I also tried all 5ghz channels (36 to 48) - I tried the Beamforming, MIMO and WMM together or separately on or off. Note: I would like to say once again that i have never had such a problem with google wifi before. Is there any other suggestions I haven't tried?
Message 4 of 7
Santhora
Aspirant

Have you tried looking at the attached picture? There you can see the maximum speed of connected devices under "Link Rate" text. Which means that I can data transfer at about 80 - 100 mbps. Like Google wifi that i used before
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The Link rate is just that, a connection link rate between the RBR and the connected device. This differs from actual data thruput or data flow between the RBR and any connected device. Two differences here and are not the same. 

https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/39235/bandwidth-vs-throughput-vs-databit-rate

Message 6 of 7
Santhora
Aspirant

I know that there are different terms. I am not ignorant. Everything I want to say is stable and at maximum values. Please tell me how i got so low data transfer rates. please focus on providing solutions, not telling me terms
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7