Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi (RBK50) Have To Reset Computer To Print Everytime

lilspud1
Follower

Orbi (RBK50) Have To Reset Computer To Print Everytime

I just setup my Orbi a few days ago and loving it. The only issue I have is that everytime I print something with my HP laser printer on the network, I have to reboot the laptop to get it to print. This occurs on every laptop on the network. Is there a fix for this?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi (RBK50) Have To Reset Computer To Print Everytime

This must be frustrating.  I have one printer connected to my Orbi and everything prints to it (desktops, laptops, tablets, phones).

It is a good practice to assign an IP address to the printer, so that it can always be found at the same IP.  Many Windows computers, for example, "set up" printers by their network address.  If that changes, the computer no longer can "find" the printer.  One would think that laptops would be smart enough to say, "oh, look.  the printer is now at this address."

Probably ought to ask, (1) the specific HP printer model, and (2) the type of laptops (Mac, Windows), and (3) how all of them are connected (wired?  WiFi?)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7