Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 Issues

tmlfan007
Initiate

Orbi RBK50 Issues

Hey All,

Overall, I love the Orbi - performance is way better than the Velop that I tried previously. I just added a second satellite to cover some weak signal in my home. I've got the following issues/observations and I wanted to see if others have had similar problems (some I know are common):

1) Since adding the second satelite last week, occasionally 1 or both of the satelites are inaccessable VIA their own IP address. I can still see them on the routers UI, but it is as if they aren't there on the Satellite UI;

2) If I watch a Wifi Analyzer, the backhaul channel constantly disappears for 3-5 seconds and then reappears. This can't be 'as designed' and you'd figure it must be having some impact on performance. A level 2 tech at Netgear says he has never heard of this problem, but I see posts on here about it so i'm not sure what the problem is.

3) My devices don't seem to easily hop between satellites/router on the most current Production firmware (1.10). They tend to lock to one, even if it is on a different floor and stay there.

4) Can we please fix the problem that doesn't allow the Genie or Orbi app to function if using IPV6? I can get the Genie app to work if i manually indicate the IPV4 IP of the router, but that defeats the auto login feature etc. Also, when trying to turn on the Guest Account - the Genie UI indicates that the router isn't compatible.

5) I live in Canada and bought my add-on Satellite from a company in the US. For the satelite that came in the kit, the UI indicates the region as Canada however with the new add-on bought from the US - it is indicated as North America. I don't think this has any implications but is there any way to set the region on the new add-on satellite to Canada?

I think the Web UI is due for an update. I know Genie is the brand across all Netgear products however with a product as specific and unique as the Orbi system, a distinct UI would be a breath of fresh air. Maybe something is already in the works - but wanted to put it out there.

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBK50 Issues

Hello tmlfan007

1. so sometimes you can access the UI page of the satellites? 

2. The engineers are aware of this and working on it.

3. What devices are locking on is it all of them or certain ones?

4. I will look into this and report the issue.

5. It should work fine in canada.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7