Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 Setup Issue

Poleman64
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 Setup Issue

I've followed the setup instructions for the Orbi to the letter and the app stops each time when it checks for internet and indicates no internet connection. It keeps suggesting the same thing. Cycle the power to the modem and remove the non-existent batteries. I've tried changing cable from the modem to the orbi but no luck with that. When I transferred back to original Netgear Nighthawk R7000, it works fine, so it's not the modem or the cables.
FYI Modem has no batteries, no built in wifi and it is a hitron CDA-RES. Nothing fancy. This has been a real PITA!!!!
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 Setup Issue

(not that this will solve your problem, but) this afternoon, I installed a new Orbi in place of another one and got "NO Internet".  Finally realized that the modem knew the MAC address of the previous router and was waiting for it to connect.  Did a "reset" on the modem, waited (for a long time, I thought computers were supposed to be "fast"), and the Orbi connected.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

(not that this will solve your problem, but) this afternoon, I installed a new Orbi in place of another one and got "NO Internet".  Finally realized that the modem knew the MAC address of the previous router and was waiting for it to connect.  Did a "reset" on the modem, waited (for a long time, I thought computers were supposed to be "fast"), and the Orbi connected.

Message 2 of 3
Poleman64
Aspirant

Many thanks. Reset the modem, cycled the power and like you said after a long wait setup completed. Never thought of resting modem since I did nothing to configure it when I got it. Oh well. Lesson learned. Thanks again!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7