Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK50 & Circle - controlling an ethernet-connected PC?

zannydu
Follower

Orbi RBK50 & Circle - controlling an ethernet-connected PC?

Our Netgear Genie program on my laptop is super buggy (requires multiple logins, often does not show the Access Control checkbox, requires refreshing and restarting the softwear and/or the machines and devices in order to block and unblock), and the app isn'tmuch better, so I decided to try using the Circle app. We have an Orbi RBK50 system, and the primary "device" that I want to control is a PC that is connected to the router via an ethernet connection. Because gaming. It does not seem to be showing up in the list of devices on Circle. I am looking for confirmation that we should be able to control wired and wireless devices with Circle, and if so, how am I going to find it?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBK50 & Circle - controlling an ethernet-connected PC?

You should be able to control both wired and wireless devices with Circle.

To find the devices go to the Main Menu from the home screen on the app as follows:

IMG_1670.jpeg

Then select "Devices":

IMG_1671.jpeg

You should see all devices that were ever attached to Orbi (even if they are not currently connected). Look for the device with the MAC address as the name can be different than what you named it in Orbi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7