Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 and Sony Smart TV

picco007
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 and Sony Smart TV

Everyone, I just recently bought the RBK50 set up and originally came from a R7300 router.  As soon as I started with the Orbi installed, my Sony TV Bravia 2015 model can not stay connected to the wireless network.  I have tried reserving an IP address and it will still lose connection.  I'm almost to the point where I my take the Orbi system back and try something else.  We use the apps on the TV quite a bit and now we can't.  Any help would be appreciated.  We are on the latest firmware V1.12.0.18.  This problem has occured since 7-6-17 (the day I bought ORBI) and it has had 2 firmware updates since then.  Thank you in advance.

Ronnie

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
raven_au
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi RBK50 and Sony Smart TV

@picco007 wrote:

Everyone, I just recently bought the RBK50 set up and originally came from a R7300 router.  As soon as I started with the Orbi installed, my Sony TV Bravia 2015 model can not stay connected to the wireless network.  I have tried reserving an IP address and it will still lose connection.  I'm almost to the point where I my take the Orbi system back and try something else.  We use the apps on the TV quite a bit and now we can't.  Any help would be appreciated.  We are on the latest firmware V1.12.0.18.  This problem has occured since 7-6-17 (the day I bought ORBI) and it has had 2 firmware updates since then.  Thank you in advance.

Sorry I can't really help, I'm replying only to say I have three Sony TVs that mostly work fine.

What model is your TV?

Mine are 2 x KD-55X8500C and 1 x KDL-43W800C.

I have noticed that the X85C TVs would be quite slow to connect when starting but hadn't noticed disconnects during use.

The slowness appears to have gone away with v1.12.0.18.

I had reports that the W80C was disconnecting during use but haven't heard anything yet since the v1.12.0.18 update. I've assumed it is going OK.

When I updated the W80C TV firmware recently I did notice the slowness I had previously seen with the X85C not sure it has persisted though.

One thing I have done is reset my Orbi devices back to factory defaults and manually re-configured the router and re-synced the satelites following the firmware update.

Ian

Message 2 of 4
picco007
Aspirant

Thank you Ian, I have the XBR-55X850C. I have tried everything. I resent back to factory default on my Orbi and reset up the satellite as well. Then did the same thing on my tv. I'm not sure what else to do. I did notice when it is connected to the wifi and the internet that the Tv is now slower than usual. I just noticed it after we installed the orbi. You select the YouTube app and it takes a while for my YouTube to come up.

I am almost willing to go to another mesh system if I don't get this situated soon.

Ronnie
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
raven_au
Virtuoso

@picco007 wrote:
Thank you Ian, I have the XBR-55X850C. I have tried everything. I resent back to factory default on my Orbi and reset up the satellite as well. Then did the same thing on my tv. I'm not sure what else to do. I did notice when it is connected to the wifi and the internet that the Tv is now slower than usual. I just noticed it after we installed the orbi. You select the YouTube app and it takes a while for my YouTube to come up.

Right, the XBR series doesn't use the AndroidTV base OS I think.

All three of my TVs are Sony AndroidTV based.

They frequently need to be re-booted, particularly when the wireless goes wonky.

Unfortuneately I'm not familiar with the XBR series and it sounds like you've already done the sort of things that might fix it.

A bit sad really, sorry I can't be more help.

Ian

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7