Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK50 cannot get to login page???

radamo
Apprentice

Orbi RBK50 cannot get to login page???

Just rewired my network to move the router into a better spot.  Have great coverage and internet but can no longer login to the router??? Tried 3 different browsers and reset cache as instructed and still cannot get there???

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

And your sure your device is connected to the Orbis wifi and not something different?

Can't access 192.168.1.1?

Can you ping this IP address from any PC?

Message 2 of 12
radamo
Apprentice

When I tried to login it gave me an odd message about having to change its IP to 192.168.1.1 to avoid a conflict?  Then it would ask for my serial number... then I would put in my password... and the cycle would repeat.  I wound up doing a factory reset and it seems to running quitte normally now.  

I do have one question though...if I have done a factory reset on the router, do I need to do the same to the satellite?  Are there any settings that stay resident on the satellite? 

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the Orbi connected too? ISP Modem or different router?

Seems like it's connected to something using same IP address as the Orbi does.

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 12
radamo
Apprentice

It is connected to a cable modem.  The issue appears to have been a false error of some kind.  Since the factory reset and subsequent reset of the Orbi Router all is good on the top floor.  However downstairs the satellite seems to lose internet whenever I try to actually do anything!!! If I run a speedtest... my FULL BARS signal on my phone disappears and all of sudden I am on LTE.  Not happy with this firmware at all.  These are the first issues I have had with the ORBI.  

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Do other device exhibit same issue downstairs with satellite? 

Did you erase and set up the satellite from scratch after the update? 

What does the router say about the connection quality for the satellite? 

What is the distance between the satellite and router? Feet? 

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

Try setting manual channels 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz. 

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router. Save settings and reboot. Reboot the phone as well. 

Can try running thru my set up process for my friends 50 series I set up for him couple of weekends ago:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Message 6 of 12
radamo
Apprentice

Modem is Aris 6183

400 Mb service

Tried Auto, 6, 7 and 8 for 2.4

Mimo, Fast Roam and Beam were disabled... disabled daisy chaining today. Will try rebooting the phone. Yes, watching Netflix on my wired PS4 had a REALLY slow connection last night then all of a sudden was back to normal. Something is not right. 

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Channels to use are 1, 6 and 11. Do not set other channels as those are use by the wireless system itself. 

Seems like maybe your PS is not connecting right to the 5Ghz radio possibly. 

So using a PC, you can't access the routers web page at 192.168.1.1 or www.orbilogin.com

Message 8 of 12
radamo
Apprentice

The access from the PC is completely addressed since I did the factory reset after moving the devices.  The remaining issue is when connected to the satellite I seem to lose connection quite frequently.  For instance my phone shows strong wifi signal and I go to do a speedtest (using the SpeedTest app).  The app connects and when I press GO I get an error and my phone now shows LTE and no wifi.  A second later it is connected to the wifi again. 

I am testing now with a wireless satellite to see if that produces better results.  Wondering if I have a cable issue. 

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted on your results.

Message 10 of 12
radamo
Apprentice

Wireless is better but my speed drops from 400 to 30 when I walk out into my yard which is 20 feet from the satellite. 

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Roaming maybe a factor in speeds. Many different variables can impact speed and speed testing.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7