Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 drops wireless connection when projector is switched on

marginaali
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 drops wireless connection when projector is switched on

My system is Orbi router + 1 satellite. 7 devices connected, everything works fine until I power on my projector (JVC X55). This causes the PC to drop connection in every ~5min, sometime more often, sometimes less. Wifi on all other devices continues to work. PC has a ASUS RT-AC68U wifi receiver.  Projector is connected through a HDMI cable through a Marantz receiver. If I switch only the Marantz receiver on there is no problem.

So there is some interference with the projector and PC wifi receiver. Any ideas?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 drops wireless connection when projector is switched on

Is this your projector?

http://www.us.jvc.com/archive/projectors/allprojectors/dla_x55r/

Is the ASUS running as a wireless brige for the PC?

Can you test this with the ASUS bridge turned off and the PC connected by other means, different wireless or wired connection?

How close is the projector to the satellites or Orbi router?

Seems like this maybe a ASUS and projector issue...

Message 2 of 4
marginaali
Aspirant

Yep, that's the projector, no wifi.

Asus is a PCI-card in my PC, internet signal comes through Zyxel VDSL modem (bridged) to Orbi.

No chance now to test a cable, fairly sure it would work but not a solution because internet connection is so far from the PC.

Projector is 3-4m away from the satellite, even further away from the router. 

Asus wifi receiver is close to graphics card so it could get interference from the HDMI cable leaving right beside it

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try connecting the PC with out the ASUS adapter and see. Possible that something is coming in on the HDMI line. Find you a HDMI cable thats got good sheidling and ferrit beads at each end.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7