Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 firmware 2.0.0.74 drops wireless connection and cannot communicate with RBS50 now

Bawa
Tutor

Orbi RBK50 firmware 2.0.0.74 drops wireless connection and cannot communicate with RBS50 now

I´ve just bought Orbi to resolve wireless dead spot areas in our house. After running through setup wizard, I upgraded router and satellite with latest firmware (2.0.0.74) and now my wireless connection drops every 30sec or so and even the satellite device have lost connection with the main router(RBR50). Having running firmware 2.0.0.74 for 30-40 min, I reverted back to previous firmware version 1.12.x, but even though that didn´t help. Looks like firmware 2.0.0.74 have written over some of the stable functional area which were stable before I upgraded to latest firmware. Because satellite cannot connect with the router device on firmware 1.12.x.

This is very frustrating since I have spent more than $400. And I was recommended to buy Orbi over Google Wifi......  starting to regret it already. I´ve had bad experience with unstable and bad wireless signals and was looking forward to get rid off for once.

Netgear..... plz help us by patching up your firmware 2.0.0.74 or at least make me happy by stablizing my Orbi system!!!!! 

R

Bawa

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Bawa
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBK50 firmware 2.0.0.74 drops wireless connection and cannot communicate with RBS50 now

Sorry st_shaw, nearby wireless devices isn't the problem.

However....... FINALLY some good NEWS, I've reverted back to a stable version of the Orbi RBK50 firmware, V1.11.0.20. This firmware was orginally applied on my devices before I upgraded to latest firmware, 2.0.0.74, and then my wireless network went crazy unstable.

First I downgraded my Orbi router to v1.12.x without any luck, and then I tried downgraded to firmware V1.11.0.20. This did the trick and I have now stable wireless connection and can surf without loosing wireless connection every 30sec.

A bit glad to have a stable wireless network and that my spent $400 was not thrown out of the window. Long way to go to the BestBUY.....

I hope Netgear can test its firmware v2.0.0.74 thoroughly and they will release an updated version of this firmware. I would like to take advantages of these new functions they have added.

Psssttt: don't upgrade to firmware version 2.0.0.74 unless you know what you are doing!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Bawa
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBK50 firmware 2.0.0.74 drops wireless connection and cannot communicate with RBS50 now

Hi again!

Done some more troubleshooting today.

Still struggling with unstable wireless network. As written in initial post, I've reverted back to firmware v1.12.x even tough the Orbi RBR50 is not stablizing my wireless net. 

This have only to do with the wireless net since I'm not having any problem with wired network through RBR50. 

And my satellite device is also struggling....... it shows blue light few seconds and then it turn into magenta color.

While connected to wireless, I've started Pinging the device and I think after 30seconds or less it drops connection and then reconnect after 2-4 missing ping .

Message 2 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@Bawa wrote:

I´ve had bad experience with unstable and bad wireless signals and was looking forward to get rid off for once.

Try moving the router and satellite close together and see if things stabilize.

Be aware, however, that if you have not identified and eliminated the source of your prior "unstable and bad wireless signals" then Orbi might not be able to help you.

If there is some nearby wireless device causing WiFi interference, then it will affect Orbi the same as it did your prior WiFi system. Orbi can provide coverage over a greater area, but it cannot overcome interference or other problems in your environment.

Message 3 of 5
Bawa
Tutor

Sorry st_shaw, nearby wireless devices isn't the problem.

However....... FINALLY some good NEWS, I've reverted back to a stable version of the Orbi RBK50 firmware, V1.11.0.20. This firmware was orginally applied on my devices before I upgraded to latest firmware, 2.0.0.74, and then my wireless network went crazy unstable.

First I downgraded my Orbi router to v1.12.x without any luck, and then I tried downgraded to firmware V1.11.0.20. This did the trick and I have now stable wireless connection and can surf without loosing wireless connection every 30sec.

A bit glad to have a stable wireless network and that my spent $400 was not thrown out of the window. Long way to go to the BestBUY.....

I hope Netgear can test its firmware v2.0.0.74 thoroughly and they will release an updated version of this firmware. I would like to take advantages of these new functions they have added.

Psssttt: don't upgrade to firmware version 2.0.0.74 unless you know what you are doing!

Message 4 of 5
ichbinpete
Aspirant

If i downgrade from 2.x.74 to this version, can I take the config with it or do I need to reapply manually (setting each thing I previously configured?)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7