Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi- RBK50 kit- Not getting full speeds on hardwire (max 730Mbps- of 950Mbps direct to modem)

Tmirk
Aspirant

Orbi- RBK50 kit- Not getting full speeds on hardwire (max 730Mbps- of 950Mbps direct to modem)

So can't seem to find any solution to actually get through this. Been scouring old messages, and tried everything I could find. Currently running an RBK50 kit with 1 satellite. Spectrum gig through a Hitron EN2251 Recently upgraded from 400Mbps to the gig service. From modem to the RBR50 via a cat6 2m cable.   When hardwired directly to modem using same cables/computers getting between 925-985 down and the full 40 up. (God I hate Spectrum)   I can't get more than about 730Mbps down on any hardwired  device. Measured through multiple different speed apps and sites. Internal speedtest has never come up higher than the same 730ish area.  Both Mac and PC are getting same numbers. Multiple Cat 6 cables have been tried.   Full factory reset on the orbi. All of the armor protection and controls and speed off. No upnp etc. This helped slightly- as I was before this reset was getting no more than 650 Mbps. Now up to the 730ish. All wifi speeds are as expected both 2.4 and 5ghz. Just cant get anywhere near the speeds out the modem.  Firmware is up to date. All specs below.     FIRMWARE: Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.16 Hardware Version    RBR50   Firmware Version    V2.5.1.16   GUI Language Version    V1.0.0.375   Operation Mode    Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi- RBK50 kit- Not getting full speeds on hardwire (max 730Mbps- of 950Mbps direct to modem)

Did you power OFF the ISP Modem for 1 minute while you factory reset the RBR? 
Tried Ookals installable speedtest app to test on your wired PC? 

Had the Armor or Circle apps been enabled at all after the reset then turned off? If so, I would reset the RBR again and besure to not enable them after completing the setup wizard. Also don't enable the speed test app on the RBR or Traffic meter as well. 

Message 2 of 3
Tmirk
Aspirant

Re: Orbi- RBK50 kit- Not getting full speeds on hardwire (max 730Mbps- of 950Mbps direct to modem)

Yes- fully powered down router for about 5 minutes.  Powered back on the modem. RBR factory reset started, setup via hardwire- not the app.

Armor and Circle never activated, and traffic meter never turned on.  Ran speedtest runs via both the app and the net on my (735Mbps/41 pretty consistently). Restarted computer. Tried app again, along with internet based speed tests with same results. Then ran internal speedtest and got 730ish again.

Will attempt another full reset tomorrow-  Kids were going to kill me with the being down for 12 minutes with the resets. haha.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7