Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 losing connection everyday

pinayskee
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 losing connection everyday

My orbi loses connection everyday and I have to reboot it everyday to get internet. Devices that are on the wireless are the only one impacted. The devices that are hard wired to the sattelites and router are able to connect. 

My orbi firmware is V2.0.0.74. I have disabled backhaul topology and enabled beamforming and MU-Mimo and still have the same problem. Any ideas on what else I can do?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBK50 losing connection everyday

You may want to try the 2.1 firmware you can manually download it and upload it to your orbi.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Announcing-availability-of-OrbiOS-2-1/td-p/1447612

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
pinayskee
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK50 losing connection everyday

Thanks Darren. I have tried 2.1.1.12 and 2.1.1.16 but no luck. wifi connecttion drop every 2-3 days and now all my devices show as connected to router and some device are not showing as connected to any device even though they are. but that's the least of my problem. I am so close to jumping off the orbi ship as I'm tired of all these constant connection issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7