Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 not maintaining constant "on"

g8rgrad98
Follower

Orbi RBK50 not maintaining constant "on"

Hello all, I just replaced my Netgear R8000 and R3000 combo with the Orbi RBK50.  The R8000 was nice, but even with the R3000 it struggled to get a signal through my concrete block walled house sufficiently.

After much research, I moved to the RBK50 this week.  I have updated the firmware since installation.   Here is the issue I am having.  I have two Netgear Arlo base stations, one connected to the router and one to the satellite.  While both are "on", the cameras only activate when I connect to the Arlo app via my phone or tablet.  The motion detection is not working as the base stations are not staying "constant on" at all times.  Along the same lines, my iPhone does not stay constantly connected to the Orbi network.  I have to reconnect to the wifi network after every time I lock my phone.  The internet signal is strong and solid when I do connect/activate my devices, but when in "standby" mode, the Orbi seems like they go passive completely.  

Does that make sense?  Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 not maintaining constant "on"

I would post this over on the Arlo forum and see if you can get help there.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7