Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 rebooted without warning

Scampy
Tutor

Orbi RBK50 rebooted without warning

I have had the Orbi for just under a week now, and so far I have been very impressed.  Everything has worked fine and I've had a stable and fast LAN and Internet access from all my connected devices.

Today, however, while I was browsing the web, I lost connection to the satellite.   Checking the main router, the flashing white light indicated that it was rebooting.

Are there any logs I can peruse to see why this might have happened?  All I can see is log information from after the router reinitialised, which is of no help.

I am running the latest firmware on both the router and its satellite.

Do you think that this is a hardware problem with one of the units, or is it more likely to be a firmware bug?

Message 1 of 6

Re: Orbi RBK50 rebooted without warning

hi

check the system didnt just auto update the firmware as this will cause it to reboot 

Message 2 of 6
Scampy
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. 

The firmware level has not changed. It updated last week when I first installed the units.  Both the router and its satellite loaded the latest firmware, so I don't think that's the problem.

Message 3 of 6

just keep an eye out for it doing it again , if it continues you might want to get a replacement unit from where you bought it from 

Message 4 of 6
Scampy
Tutor

That sounds sensible.

Do you know if there is a way of seeing logs from before the reboot?  It might have given a clue as to why it crashed.

Message 5 of 6

dont think so as it doesnt have a way to save logs to separate server 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7