Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 satellite lost sync and troubleshooting guide doesn't restore

wccarithers
Follower

Orbi RBK50 satellite lost sync and troubleshooting guide doesn't restore

My satellite lost the link to the router, The ring led flashes white. I tried the troubleshooting guide of placing the satellite right next to the router, pressing scan on the router and then scan on the satellite. The router ring led flashed white (as it should).  The satellite ring led flashed white. It never went to any of the blue, amber, or magenta colors. Moreover, I noticed that after a minute or so, the power led goes from green to red. Turning the power off and then on again restores the green but it eventually goes back to red.

First question: when the guide says "press the scan button" does it really mean "press and hold"?

Second question: Should I try the "reset" on the satellite?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 satellite lost sync and troubleshooting guide doesn't restore

What FW version is loaded on the RBR and RBS?

RBS needs to be upgraded first then the RBR.

I had to do this yesterday at my friends place with his kit. Kita was on v1.0.something.something. The RBS didn't accept the most current version of FW so I had to upload and intermediate Version 2.0.0.74 on both RBS first then RBR, Then after the RBS was reconnected, then I upgraded to v2.1.4.16 which was detected on the RBR FW update page for both the RBR and RBS. Not a great first initial set up experiece. Thank god for capturing what others have done here in the forums.

What Mfr and model# ISP modem are you using?

Distance between the router and satellite? 30 feet to start.

What channels are you using? Try 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming...

Last resort, do a ERASE on the satellites, then router then set up from scratch.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7