Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK50 taking long time to appear on available wireless networks

s22tran
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 taking long time to appear on available wireless networks

I just got an Orbi RBK50 and it is taking a really long time for it to appear on my available wireless networks, is this normal? At first I thought the units weren't working because it would take so long. I thought they were unresponsive so I had been testing the units without an internet connection.

So here is what I've been doing, I don't connect an internet connection to the Orbi, I just plug in both the router and satellite and then click the power button to turn on the units. After 15-20 mins I still cannot see the Orbi on my list of available wireless networks so I turn them off. Later I decide to connect the Orbi router to my computer by an ethernet cable to do the GUI factory reset and possibly update to the latest firmware, but it seems none of the ethernet ports are responsive. So I try a the pin hole reset at the back of each unit followed by a 30-30-30 reset for each unit later on, both times with the Orbi still not appearing on my list of available wireless networks after 15-20 mins. After this I just leave the units there and after around 30 mins the Orbi appears on my list of available wireless networks. I connect to the Orbi SSID and I am eventually able to login to orbilogin.com after trying many times, I don't know why I couldn't just login the first time or few times. Once in the GUI I check that the firmwares are up to date and they are. I do a factory default reset using the GUI, again the Orbi does not appear on available wireless networks for 30 mins. I try manually updating the firmware on the router and the same thing happens. It always takes a long time for the Orbi to appear on my available wireless networks. Is this normal or is something wrong with the Orbi, because that feels way too long. Should it not appear on my available wireless networks almost instantly?

Thanks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
s22tran
Aspirant

Btw Firmware is 1.12.0.18

Message 2 of 4
s22tran
Aspirant

More info.

Not using any antivirus software

Using Linksys WUSB6100M AC600 usb adapter

Windows 10

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello s22tran

I suggest contacting support if there issue with the orbi unit.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7