Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK50 to Mobile Hotspot

toystwo
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 to Mobile Hotspot

Orbi RBK50 to Mobile Hotspot

I'm trying to connect an RBK50 to an ATT Mobile Hotspot as the internet source. I purchased an IOGear GWU627 Adapter/bridge in order to get the internet connection from the Hotspot to the Orbi. After configuration, the GWU627 appears to be functioning correctly - it passes the Hotspot internet connection to a computer (via Ethernet) without issue. However, when I connect the Orbi to the 627 the Orbi does not appear to have Internet - its light is white and when I go to the Orbi app is says my "Router is not Supported". Any idea on how to get these two to communicate or device other than the 627 that will work for my application?

Thanks for any help.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to ask the Mfr of the adapter/bridge to see if this model router is supported. The Orbi router relies on a Cable or DSL or FIOS/ONT type of connection using RJ45 connector on the WAN port. DHCP/Static or PPPoE kind of protocols are used on the Orbi router.

Possible that this adapter doesn't support this...

Message 2 of 4
toystwo
Aspirant

I don't know if the 627 has been used successfully with an Orbi.  As far as I can tell none of the adapters specifically claim compatibility for this type of use (although some are used successfully).  IOGear basically says may or may not work with routers in Amazon Q&A.  Do you know of a model that works with Orbi?  The 627 is currently set to DHCP.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry I don't have any experience with this kinds of adapters. I don't know if NG even tests with them.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7