Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 versus Orbi RBR20

Becky2015
Follower

Orbi RBK50 versus Orbi RBR20

I have an Orbi RBR20 with 2 plug in extenders and a outdoor Orbi. I have 55 wifi devices
If I add the RBK50 can I still use the plug in extenders and the Orbi outdoor? Or should I upgrade to the Orbi RBR20 at all? I just need better wifi signals. Thank you
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi RBK50 versus Orbi RBR20

@Becky2015 wrote:
I have an Orbi RBR20 with 2 plug in extenders and a outdoor Orbi. I have 55 wifi devices
If I add the RBK50 can I still use the plug in extenders and the Orbi outdoor? Or should I upgrade to the Orbi RBR20 at all? I just need better wifi signals. Thank you

An RBK50 consists of 1 RBR50 router and 1 RBS50 satellites, and is a great system for large coverage.

You will be able to use the RBR50 satellites, but not the router from the RBR20. So you will gain 1 powerful router and satellite. Yes you can use the 2 plugin extenders, if they are Orbi, and the Orbi outdoor satellite. While the RBR20 is a great router, it is not as powerful as the RBR50 router.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7