Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK52w RMA return issues

dhoplus2
Guide

Orbi RBK52w RMA return issues

I'm looking for advice on completing a RMA since the customer support representatives don't seem to be able to help or rather, don't have care or try.  I received my new Orbi RBK52W yesterday and in the process of setup it asked to update firmware and then it requested to restart the system and never came back up. After dealing with the foreign support person walking through the steps to confirm what I already knew I was given an address, a RMA number and that was it.  No options, no idea what I needed to include or how the RMA process goes. I was told I would get an email, which I did and that basically said I needed to provide input but nothing regarding what that meant or where I was supposed to enter that "input".  Now I realize that I'm expected to pay to send this piece of junk back less than a day after receiving it and without ever getting use of it and that is unacceptable to me.  

I'm so angry about the lack of basic customer service support that NETGEAR provides and the absence of real solutions. I have an RMA but I am done with NETGEAR and I don't want a replacement, I want a refund and to never touch their crappy products again. 

To have gotten two products in a row that had prroblems (this ORBI and the R6400 that will not keep wifi connections even when sitting 2 feet from the router and has a web interface that doesn't match the online manual instructions so it's unable to fix or diagnose) I've got to wonder how this company manages to stay in business. I've litterally never had such bad support as this company supplies, to the point it actually surprises me how bad it is.

Rant done, any advice?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK52w RMA return issues

Products are generally returned to the place that sold them.  Did you purchase the product directly from Netgear?

Amazon and Costco take products back, "no questions asked."

p.s. RBK52W is not a product number that I recognize.  Maybe there was a typo?

Message 2 of 5
dhoplus2
Guide

Re: Orbi RBR50 (Packaged as a system (RBK52W) RMA return issues

@CrimpOn wrote:

Products are generally returned to the place that sold them.  Did you purchase the product directly from Netgear?

Amazon and Costco take products back, "no questions asked."

p.s. RBK52W is not a product number that I recognize.  Maybe there was a typo?

Sorry, that's the system number, it's the RBR50 and I bought it from store.netgear.com.  I'm assuming that since I didn't get told anything else, I'm need to pack up the whole system and return it which just adds more weight and expense to the cost. 

I'm more angry with myself for giving Netgear a second chance. I should have stuck to the original plan of "Not Netgear, Not EVER" but because a mesh system really was the solution that worked best and the marketing I read really sounded like it would be the best option available, I caved and now here I am.  

It's the fact that I've got to spend more money before I ever get to use the damn thing once! Either way, I lose money and that's just not okay but if that's the lesson, I guess I'll learn it and share it as often and to as many people as I can.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

In my opinion, the system was essentially DOA (Dead On Arrival) if the required firmware update from the factory bricked the router.  They should cover return shipping for the RMA in a case like this.  Contact them and ask for it, as they will not offer you free return RMA shipping unless you as for it.

Good luck.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
dhoplus2
Guide

@tomschmidt wrote:

In my opinion, the system was essentially DOA (Dead On Arrival) if the required firmware update from the factory bricked the router.  They should cover return shipping for the RMA in a case like this.  Contact them and ask for it, as they will not offer you free return RMA shipping unless you as for it.

Good luck.

Tom:  Thank you for the advice, I will follow up with Support and make that request. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7