Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK53 Correct Firmware

HCC202
Star

Orbi RBK53 Correct Firmware

I have a RBK53with two satelites. I am presently running firmware V2.1.2.18. When I go on the website it says current firmware is V2.0.1.14. When I went to manually update the firmware to V2.0.1.14 it says that it is order firmware. I am comfused which is the correct current firmware for the system.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

v.18 was pulled from automatic updates due to users complaining about it. NG recommended v.14 as the most current. If your not seeing any issues then keep whats loaded. If you are then try downgrading to v.14

Message 2 of 13
HCC202
Star

I have a Arris 6190. I keep dropping internet,but Orbi shows the wifi is up but no internet. The Arris is brand new and and had the same problem with the old modem. I have had comcast out and they have checked everything several times. Not sure what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 3 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try the beta firmware and see if that helps with your connection issues.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/td-p/1533584

DarrenM

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, pleaes try the Beta version of FW.

Also be aware of your ISP modem SB6190:

http://www.badmodems.com/

Let us know how the Beta works for you. Please perform a full factory reset on both router and satellites then set up from scratch.

@HCC202wrote:

I have a Arris 6190. I keep dropping internet,but Orbi shows the wifi is up but no internet. The Arris is brand new and and had the same problem with the old modem. I have had comcast out and they have checked everything several times. Not sure what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 5 of 13
HCC202
Star

I will make the changes this weekend and see how if it helps. Thank you

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
HCC202
Star

I did a factory reset and loaded the new firmware. The system seems more stable, but i did have to do a reboot once in the last two weeks.

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad its working better. Eventually, resets shouldn't be need.

I would make a save configuration to file for this version of FW for safe keeping.

Enjoy.

Message 9 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

so where at we at with a prime time FW release that auto update will reflect?

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Don't know. Anything is possible. I recommend checking the main download page for updates. Seems that the betas in the first post have been removed.

Message 11 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'll continue to wait.  I've been on 2.0.....14(?) for nearly 2 months.  Getting disconnects about once a week.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You should try v2.1.3.x if it's available for your model unit. Honestly. I have had ZERO issues with it on my 40 series model.

@Retired_Member wrote:

I'll continue to wait.  I've been on 2.0.....14(?) for nearly 2 months.  Getting disconnects about once a week.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7