Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 Mesh Wifi and Mesh Lan problem.

NeoVN
Aspirant

Orbi RBK53 Mesh Wifi and Mesh Lan problem.

I have some problems about setup my Orbi RBK53S network.

I had 1 RBK53S (1 x RBR50 and 2 x RBS50) and I bought one more RBS50.

So I had 1 x RBR50 and 3 x RBS50.

When I setup my wifi system, everything is good. My system is map like this link.

https://ibb.co/6NLyLkf

I can connect app Orbi by my phone, check firmware update by PC when I using wifi connection from the RBR50 and 3 x RBS50.

But the problem is when I plugin the Lan cable into 3 satellites, I got this map like this link.

https://ibb.co/hCL9PxL

The satellite 2 and satellite 3 connected Lan, both of them disconnected with the wifi.

When I using phone to connect wifi to satellite 2 and satellite 3, I still can connect to internet. But I can not connect to Orbi app on my phone. I only can connect to Orbi app when I using wifi from RBR50 or satellite 1.

I used my PC connect to Orbi control pannel, I saw my satellite 1 connect wire. Satellite 2 and satellite 3 connect 5G. I pinged my PC to all satellites and I can make sure both of them were connecting wire because ping <1ms.

I only can check firmware update for my RBR50 and satellite 1. Satellite 2 and satellite 3 were “waiting for connection”

I tried to reset all of my Orbi system. (RBR50 and 3 satellites)

But I still get the same problem. Only the 1st satellite connect Lan can still get wifi mesh. The 2nd satellite and the 3rd satellite after connect Lan will disconnect from the wifi.

Anyone can help me to fix this problem?

My system is using firmware version 2.3.5.30.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 Mesh Wifi and Mesh Lan problem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7