Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 System Firmware Updates

WhatsUpperDude
Follower

Orbi RBK53 System Firmware Updates

I Just got the orbi system a couple monthes ago and its def. not up to date i have the  V1.4.0.18 but when i check it says  no new firmware but when i look anline it shows theres an update  however do i really have to update all these updates one at a time until i get to the current to get it updated Orbi-2.pngOrbi-1.pngOrbi-3.png

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Mooose
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBK53 System Firmware Updates

I believe you can go straight to 2.2.1.212 and then upgrade to 2.3.0.32 from there. Try it.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 System Firmware Updates

To get from 1.4.0.18 you FIRST needs too apply v2.0.0.74 to the Satellite(s) FIRST, then the RBR. Once both are at v74, then you need to apply v32 to the satellites FIRST. Then use v212 to upgrade the RBR, then finally apply v32 to the RBR lastly. 

Do a factory reset after v32 is applied and setup from scratch. 

Please use a wired PC connected to the RBR. Use IE11 or FF browsers for this process.

Download ALL FW files to your PC and unpack the .zip files. 

@WhatsUpperDude wrote:

I Just got the orbi system a couple monthes ago and its def. not up to date i have the  V1.4.0.18 but when i check it says  no new firmware but when i look anline it shows theres an update  however do i really have to update all these updates one at a time until i get to the current to get it updated Orbi-2.pngOrbi-1.pngOrbi-3.png

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7