Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 initial setup with existing Virginmedia Superhub 3 in UK

Ian_Dickson
Aspirant

Orbi RBK53 initial setup with existing Virginmedia Superhub 3 in UK

I have a new Orbi RBK53 System and want to connect to my current ISP which is Virginmedia Superhub 3. I believe more and more UK residents will move to Orbi to improve their home wifi network. Virginmedia is one of the largest ISPs. I would appreciate a specific out of the box step by step guide to setting the system up. Reading already I believe I wire the Orbi RBR50 by LAN cable to the Virginmedia Superhub selecting AP mode. Am I best to change the Virginmedia Superhub to modem only first - how is this best achieved? This will allow me to keep my old network name and passwords? I then connect the Orbi RBR50 to the VM Superhub? Do I then use the Netgear Orbi App to "walk" through the set up process.

it would be very helpful to new users like me to have a simple 1,2,3,4 etc order to do these things in with specific instruction for the Virginmedia Superhub.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System AC3000 (SRK60)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 initial setup with existing Virginmedia Superhub 3 in UK

If you are using Orbi as an access point ("AP mode") then you need to keep your Virginmedia superhub in it's router mode.

After Orbi setup you can turn off the wifi in the superhub.  You can keep your network name and passphrase - though Orbi only uses one network name for both the 2.4G and 5G bands.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7