Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 network keeps going down

Neel1994
Tutor

Orbi RBK53 network keeps going down

Hello,

I’m near enough at my ends wit here.

I have an rbk50 with two satellite plus an add on satellite so 3 sats in total.

The whole system is hardwired. What’s happening is that the whole system will crash, as in it will still broadcast a signal, but NO devices can connect to the router or satellites? For example on my phone it will just constantly try to connect but it doesn’t. Same with my computers.

RBR is plugged into a BT modem. RBR plugged into NETGEAR UNMANGED SWITCH (GS108). Then switch to all satellites. I also have all my sky equipment hardwired to the same switch.

When I restart that whole system it can last for two days or for 3 weeks before the same thing happens again! Could it be faulty router or sats?

Look forward to your responses
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 network keeps going down

What BT modem is it? in my experience, most of them are modem/router combo device and not strictly modems. 

It can cause a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

When you're having issues, do the device directly connected to the router have issues or only those connected to the satellites?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7